Summer is here, the kids are out of school, and you’re probably on vacation mode. We are too, but there is something that cannot be; keeping clutter at bay.
So don’t be mad at me when I say this, but make sure you’re not letting that clutter go on vacay. A few months ago, I shared my cleaning schedule with you all (download the list below) and I wanted to remind you of a few daily tasks, on the list, you and your family can do to help keep your clutter under control these next few months without ruining your summer vibes.
Have all family members adopt some daily habits to help keep things clean. It looks like a long list, but each task should take less than 5 minutes and can make a world of difference.
- Always make your bed in the morning, even if you’re in a rush
- Never leave your dishes in the sink
- Always put stuff back where you found it
- Always wipe the sink and counters down after you use them, and don't forget to disinfect!
- Do the laundry, even when you don't want to
- Never go to bed with a whole trash can
- Declutter the notorious dump zones around the house
- Wipe down the shower after your use it
Once you’ve incorporated the daily cleaning tasks into a routine, they’ll become a habit. You won’t have to think about them and will just automatically do them.
I know what you’re thinking, “Oh my gosh, Teneicia, I don’t want to do all that over the summer. It’s too much!” Trust me; you CAN do this.
Start small, get into good daily habits, take it one day at a time, and don’t beat yourself up if you miss a day- remember, it’s summer, we’re supposed to be having some fun! Try this out for a few weeks, give yourself and your family time to adjust, and most importantly, don’t be afraid to call.
We’re here to help, and we’re happy to set up a free consultation to talk through what we can take off of your plate!